NUCCA Chiropractic Care in Colorado Springs CO
What is foundational correction using NUCCA chiropractic treatment in Colorado Springs CO? Foundational Correction utilizing the NUCCA protocol is a data-driven process that focuses on the sustainable correction of the structural, neurological, and muscular systems of the body and spine. The NUCCA protocol has been developed over more than five decades of research in the assessment and correction of the upper cervical spine. This unique and objective protocol is focused on correcting the primary condition that is often the underlying injury or cause of secondary symptoms like neck pain, migraine, headache, dizziness, and chronic pain to name a few. The goal of Foundational Correction is to reduce stress on the central nervous system so that the communication between the brain and body is restored, and the body can heal naturally again.
The study and progression of the process is overseen by an extensive network of NUCCA providers. NUCCA stands for National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association and is responsible for advancing the research of this important treatment, as well as the development of standards in patient care.
Is The NUCCA Process Right For Me in Colorado Springs CO?
Whether you are currently trying to alleviate pain and discomfort or hoping to prevent issues from occurring in the future, your Comprehensive Foundational Examination will determine if Foundational Correction via NUCCA is right for you
The NUCCA technique involves a gentle and painless adjustment by hand where no twisting, cracking, or popping manipulation is done to the neck or spine commonly seen in traditional chiropractic settings. The NUCCA correction is done using very light touch and pressure with a careful assessment to adjust the body by using the atlas bone (first bone in the spine) as the contact point. It is a non-invasive procedure that can be used on people of all ages with a variety of care needs from pediatrics to geriatrics. NUCCA’s FAQ page describes it best: “Anyone who wants their body and nervous system to function optimally should be evaluated.”
NUCCA care is recommended for anyone who wants to support their body beyond symptom management such as movement, healing, and prevention. Even if you do not currently suffer from pain, it is worth considering a complimentary consultation to assess if there is the potential for future issues. Your provider can also detect if there is an issue present that simply has not become painful yet.
Who Else Can Benefit From NUCCA Chiropractic Care?
- People with significant pain or mobility issues
- Young children, including infants
- Individuals with sedentary jobs or jobs with repetitive motion such as typing or assembly work
- Employees in industries with heavy labor such as construction or manufacturing
What Conditions Can NUCCA Treat?
How Does The NUCCA Process Work?
We begin the Foundational Correction process with a complimentary consultation. As we like to say at Balance Chiropractic, your consultation is a conversation, not a commitment.
Your initial appointment allows our team to get to know you and assess your unique needs. We then determine how they can be addressed through Foundational Correction and the NUCCA protocol.. Your appointment also allows you to get to know us and make sure we are a good fit for your needs.
Evaluation For NUCCA Chiropractic Treatment
If the complimentary consultation indicates that you may be a good candidate for Foundational Correction, the next step in the process is a Comprehensive Foundational Examination. If you decide to move forward after your consultation, a series of objective diagnostic tests will be performed to analyze your problem and used to create a customized plan to alleviate or resolve your health concern. These tests include:
- CBCT (Cone Beam Computerized Tomoprophy) with NUCCA Analysis
- Neuro-Foundational Infared Thermography (detects nerve irritation)
- MyoFoundational Scan to detect muscular tension, imbalances, and spasm around the spine
- Multi-Axial Foundational Analysis to analyze your upright posture and bilateral weight measurement to analyze body balance.
Developing Your Initial Phase of Correction
Once our doctors have compiled information from your examination, we sit down with you to review your findings and make recommendations in the form of a customized plan. This includes scheduling your initial correction, going over the timeline and frequency of care, and understanding the complimentary bonuses that we include in assisting your body towards Foundational Correction
Some patients require less treatment than others. If your doctor detects a significant foundational shift that requires correction, a more rigorous care plan may be needed. Our recommendations for your care plan are always tailored to your specific challenges and we never schedule you for unnecessary treatment. Balance Chiropractic operates from a foundation of trust and transparency in all aspects of your care.
How Does The NUCCA Technique Differ From Other Forms Of Chiropractic Treatment?
The NUCCA technique differs from many forms of traditional chiropractic treatment in several ways.
- NUCCA treatment focuses on the improvement of the overall structural and postural balance of the entire spine. Other techniques focus on individual segments or localized treatment.
- Local adjustments performed in traditional chiropractic techniques may focus on mobility in the short-term, but not long-term stability. Your objective diagnostic results ensure your spinal correction provides benefits that are long-lasting and beneficial to your whole body and overall well-being.
- NUCCA focuses on the upper cervical spine for whole-body balance. The benefits of upper cervical care are well-documented through decades of observation and research. NUCCA’s impact on your nervous system has a beneficial healing effect on the entire body, rather than only areas that are symptomatic or painful.
8:00am - 11:00am
3:00pm - 6:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 11:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 11:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday